Friday, February 3, 2017

Love Is Like A Butterfly

Hello Sweet Friends!  Julie here to share a Mixed Media card created with several Sweet ‘n Sassy clear stamp sets- Butterfly Flourish, Majestic Monarchs, Music to My Ears and Grunge Elements (all designed by Korin Sutherland).


I had fun designing this card and thought I would add a bit of Spring to this winter day!

The images on this card were heat embossed with black embossing powder onto white cardstock and I used water-based markers to watercolor the wash behind the SNSS Majestic Monarchs sentiment and SNSS Butterfly Flourish image as well as applying a wash onto the white background panel.  


I added a bit of distressing with the SNSS Grunge Elements stamp set (hint- I cut a small section of the large splatter stamp for smaller splatters).



The yellow circle in the background was created from scrap designer paper by stamping the SNSS Music To My Ears background lightly with archival black ink and using a yellow ink to create a watercolor wash as well.

All were layered onto black cardstock and large circle and SNSS Butterfly Flourish panels were split to cover more of the card and allow you to see more of the images.

The large butterfly from SNSS Majestic Monarchs was heat embossed with black embossing powder on white cardstock and colored with markers using with a water brush to soften the ink.  I applied a clear shimmer pen to all of the butterfly wings to give them a bit of shimmer (hard to see in the photo).

Once everything was mounted I added a few rhinestones to finish off the card.

I hope I have inspired you today to create something fun this week! 

Plus don't forget our sale on discontinued items:


Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Donna W said...

Such a lovely card, thanks for sharing!

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks Donna for your sweet encouragement- hugs and I hope you have a fabulous February!!