Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Warmest Wishes

Hello crafty friends and welcome to today's blog post! I'm sharing a quick and easy card technique with you today that only requires a few Distress Oxide inks (the regular Distress Inks would work too), an detailed outline stamp, such as the Christmas Pine stamp set, watercolor paper, clean water, a water brush, and a few embellishments or Nuvo Crystal Drops.

Start by using Distress Oxide inks to stamp the pine branches (I used Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo, and Broken China). Use a fine tip water brush to color the pine needles. Due to properties of Distress Ink, which reacts with water, they're perfect for creating a water color look.

Smoosh some Vintage Photo ink on a non-stick craft sheet and use the water brush to pick up ink and paint the branches. Next, stamp the pine cones and follow the above procedure. I used a heat gun to dry the pine cones and then added another layer of Vintage Photo ink to darken the edges of the pine cone and cover where I had stamped over the pine needles. The Oxide inks have been coverage than the regular Distress Inks, which aren't as opaque. 

Once the pine branches were completely dry, I used Broken China to water color the background. You can add clean water to the paper first and then drop in color. This creates a beautiful fluid background with lots of visual interest.

Once my entire piece was dry, I used a regular Distress Ink pad in Antique Linen to ink up a background stamp (the text) and randomly stamped the image on top of the entire piece. I then used the Antique Linen and a blending tool to add some color to the edges of my panel and card base. I attached my panel to the base with foam tape and added a few Nuvo Crystal Drops, in bright gold, to the card.

A close up look is below along with links to purchase the stamp sets. Happy Crafting!



Stamp sets used: 
       
Christmas Pine                                  Typewriter Text Background


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kim. The water color looks is amazing... love the soft script image in the background.