Saturday, December 29, 2018

Valentine Shaker | Julee Tilman

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in to share a fun little Valentine shaker card with you. Now that another Christmas is behind us, my crafty fingers are itching for puffy pink hearts and lots of sparkle! Today I'm bringing you a card that's all heart and shakes to boot!


I started this card with the sweet java cup from Fill Me Up. I stamped the image, then masked off the image to stamp the Wood Backgrounds image as a background for the cup. Wood Backgrounds is the December stamp of the month and you can get it free with a $75 order through December 31! There's also a fantastic Year End Sale going on. Use code YEAREND18 at checkout for the discount!



I colored the cup with distress crayons, then fussy cut and blended some antique linen and pumice stone inks for the lid.  The cup cozy is stamped and colored with distress crayons as well and I added a bit of stickles to make the heart all sparkly.


The background for my shaker was made using the Distress Ink Monoprint technique from Jennifer McGuire. This technique makes two backgrounds and this is the bolder one. I used worn lipstick and picked raspberry distress inks. For the front of the shaker, I did a little surgery on the stir up my heart stamp so I could just use the heart portion, and stamped it in a cascading pattern in the same colors of ink.  I then added a bit of blending around the edges and cut a circle out of the panel to form the shaker window.


The sentiment is from the You & Me set and embossed in white on black cardstock.  I stamped a few more hearts, added stickles and fussy cut for embellishment, then added a few metal accents from my stash to finish off the card.

SNSS Products used on this card: 




Thank you so much for stopping by today! I have another card using the Fill Me Up set and a portion of the softer background I created with the Wood Backgrounds set on my blog today. Come say hi! Here's a little peek...


No comments: