Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Inspired Thank You Cards | Julee Tilman

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Welcome to 2019! I love a fresh new start and a chance to reflect on the things I'd like to do to better myself and the world around me in the coming new year. One of my crafty resolutions this year is to make more "mailable" cards. I love adding embellishments to my cards, but all the added doo-dads and chunkiness often make the cards hard to find an envelope for and a bit expensive to mail. So during the holidays, when I saw Korin's live video on the Creative Worship Bible Journaling Facebook group, I was inspired to make some quick thank you cards. For a short 3 minute overview of this method, check out her awesome 1 sheet - 9 cards video on YouTube.


My son Trevor has been creating a series of watercolor trashcan paintings. He's having a blast sketching our kitchen trashcan and then watercoloring it all the colors of the rainbow! So precious.  During one of his sessions I did a little Crayola watercoloring alongside  him and then showed him the magic of adding a bit of table salt to the wet paint to get some fun effects. I really wasn't thinking about cardmaking at the time, but I loved how vibrant the colors came out, so decided to use my project to follow Korin's footsteps and make some quick mailable thank yous!

I had only painted about a 3.75 x 7.25" swath of watercolor on my sheet, so decided to go for square cards to get the most out of my strip. I cut the watercolor sheet down to 1.5" x 3.5", so I could make four cards. I glued these strips to 4 inch square cardstock panels, then pulled out the fabulous All About You set and stamped the thank and the you using my MISTI to get the same placement on all of them.


Next I pulled out Winnie's Warm Wishes stamp set. This set is currently a steal of a deal in the $5 blowout section of the shop.  Speaking of deals, there have also been some new additions to the 20% off and 50% off categories, so be sure to check those out! 😀  I used the sweet little mug of cocoa and marshmallow, stamping it in black and then coloring with Copic markers and adding some crystal lacquer to the hearts and marshmallows. I then fussy cut and popped up on a little foam tape.  I added a bit of washi for a little interest, then finished with black mats and 4.25" square card bases.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired to make a few quick cards. Here's a look at the sets I used today.




1 comment:

Lagene said...

Awesome thank you cards, I love using cheepo watercolors to make backgrounds and I love the salt tedhnique!