Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Oh Happy Day

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! It's Julee, popping in today to share a card with the NEW release. Have you seen the new stamps for April yet? Once again, it's a  spectacular release, with so many must-haves and I know you're going to love all the inspiration we have in store for you this month!


It's no secret that I have a strong affinity for coffee. When I saw these sweet little posies and the builder words in the Happy Day April stamp of the month set, I immediately thought of creating a card to hold a coffee gift card to perk up someone's day. Here's a look at the sets I used today. Happy Day is available this month exclusively as a FREE gift with a $75 or more purchase. And Fill Me Up is one of my all-time favorite SNSS sets.



I started by stamping a couple of the flowers and coloring with Copic markers. I fussy cut these and added some swirls of glitter glue for a little shimmer. Next I stamped the cup from Fill Me Up and colored with warm greys, stamping the little solid triangle accents in light grey inside the cup for a subtle pattern. I cut the cup out and set aside to make the gift card pouch.


Gift Card Pouch Instructions
These little pouches are so easy to make. Just add 1/2" to the width and 1/4" to the length of what you want the finished size of your pouch and then score 1/4" from the edge on three sides. I used a circle punch to punch a half circle for a thumb slot, but it's not necessary. My finished size is 2.25" x 2.75" to fit a standard sized gift card. So I started with a 2.75" x 3" piece, scored three sides, and then glued those three flaps to the card front. Easy peasy!



I added a little doodled frame with a black pen around the edges of the pouch and then stamped the oh, happy, and day words onto the card front. I finished by adding the coffee cup, layered with the flowers to the pouch and then added one more flower over by the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you haven't already, hop on over to the Sweet 'n Sassy Shop to check out the NEW release! For a limited time (through April 9) you can save a little cash when you buy the sets together in the April Early Bird Bundle.


No comments: