Monday, June 3, 2019

Backgrounds


Happy Monday! 
It's Ceal here to share a couple cards using background techniques to show off our new set, Hymn Word Art. I Love these focal point greetings and there is no better way to showcase them than on a pretty background. 
For my first sample I started with a top folding white note card and a panel of Black Onyx for the mat. To create the border I used one of the flowers out of the Happy Day set and stamped it without the leaves. I heat embossed them in white and then using some Gina K inks, I created the rainbow background.




 For my second card I also started with a white top folding note card and a white panel. To created a subtile resist background using the leaves from the Scribble Flowers and The Itty Bitty Blossoms sets. I randomly stamped the leaves with Versamark ink over the panel and then blended distress ink. It's hard to see but there are leaves in the background. 







4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your backgrounds are so pretty and show off the embossed designs perfectly. A great and fabulous way for gorgeous cards. I love the wonderful sentiments too.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your beach card is amazing, Julee!

Kathy Conrow said...

I love the way the sentiments are showcased! So inspirational! Thank you!

Kathy Conrow said...

Love these!