Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Hope to Sea You Soon

Hi Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Have you seen the June release??? I am totally smitten with this month's sets, and can we just say a big HOORAY for the fabulous addition of Jennifer Nillson to the illustrating team?!! I've seen some behind the scenes peeks at what's to come from her, and it's all just as fabulous as her first set, Mer-Mazing.

Mer-Mazing clear stamp set from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

So much cuteness! I love all of the images, but I was drawn to the sand dollar first. When I was little we lived in Washington state and often drove to the coast to visit friends. I remember walking along in my flip flops (we called them thongs back then), with sand between my toes, searching for sand dollars during every trip. I collected them all in a little glass jar and treasured them for years and years, especially once we moved to Idaho and no longer took trips to the coast.


I started my card by stamping the sand dollar from Mer-Mazing in brown ink all across a panel of white cardstock. I colored them lightly with Copic markers and then decided I wanted to add in some sea. So I used a piece of vellum to trace around the upper sides of the images and then cut with scissors to use as a mask while I did the smooshing of the sea with some spray inks.


When that was how I liked it, I stamped the litte flipflop image, colored with Copics and then cut and popped up on foam tape for a little dimension.  The sentiment is stamped onto a white circle punch that I shaded to give it the same look as the sand dollars.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a fabulously creative day. If you haven't had a chance yet, be sure to swing by the shop and check out the June release. If you find you need them all, there's a great deal on the June Early Bird Bundle through June 9.

1 comment:

Kathy Conrow said...

Great idea to use vellum for masking! I will be using that idea! Great job! Thank you for the great ideas!