Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Poinsettia x3

Hello Everyone!

Lee Ann here, with more Christmas cards using the gorgeous Poinsettia Greetings Stamp Set.


First up is a pink Poinsettia, colored with Copics.  I CASed this design from an amazing talent in blogland, Yana Smakula.  The poinsettia was initially stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink using my MISTI, then colored with Copics. Once I was done coloring, I put the panel back in my MISTI, stamped the image with Versamark ink and heat embossed it in gold.  I then fussy cut the flower out.
I did some tone on tone stamping with the flower in the lower right hand corner of the card.  To allow the large, Copic colored flower to blend into the card front better, I colored the outer edges of the fussy cut flower with a pink Copic that matched the pink cardstock.
I selected several sentiments from the Christmas Wordfetti Stamp set and heat embossed them in white across a black sentiment strip.

Next up, I decided I needed a softer poinsettia, as everything that I had done so far was very bold in color.

I used a bunch of Shimmerz Paints products on the card and love how different it turned out from all of my other poinsettia cards.  Details for this are on my blog.
For the third poinsettia card using the Poinsettia Greetings Stamp Set, I CASed myself, making a green poinsettia similiar to the blue one I shared earlier this month.


You can probably guess that I love this stamp!  It is a real beauty.  I got out my trusty Ken Oliver Color Bursts for this card and stamped the image in Versafine Black ink on watercolor paper.  I used mostly green Color Bursts (Pthalo Green, Lime Green), but I did add in a bit of Turquoise to the flower and a lot of it to the background.  I spattered the card front with black watercolor splatters and watered down white acrylic paint.
The image panel is matted on shiny gold paper and mounted on the white card base.  Sequins finish it off.  
Thats it for me! 
I hope I have inspired you to try different methods of coloring with this stamp! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lee Ann
www.greytpapercrafts.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

These are all just beautiful! Awesome colors and design!

sharon g said...

My oh my oh my, these are incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to try this with a flower stamp. Really, they are incredible!!!!