Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Snow Much Fun!

Hello, Hello!

Yes, it is that time of year, when everything seems to revolve around Christmas preparations.  That includes greeting cards!  This month's stamp sets have wowed me!  Versatile, compatible with each other and just plain fun!  Like these snow peeps!


These adorable snowmen are from the Snow Much Fun Stamp Set designed by Krista Hamrick.  Gosh, they are cute!  I colored this one with Copics and fussy cut him out.
The background is done with the new Folk Art Snowflakes Stamp set by  NinaB Designs.  I stamped the largest of the flakes in Versamark ink on watercolor paper and heat embossed white.  Next, the background received a light wash of Daniel Smith Watercolor paint in blue.  I let it dry and then added a second layer. 
The smaller snowflake was done similarly, then it was fussy cut out.  I layered the snowflakes and popped the snowman up on dimensional tape. 
The perfect sentiment seemed to be 'Be Jolly' from the Deck the Halls Stamp Set.  I was able to get a nice,solid image because I used my MISTI which allowed me to stamp multiple times, getting good coverage on the watercolor paper. 
The next card is similar (and I do seem to be in a color rut, LOL!), as I used the same Snow Much Fun Stamp Set and did a watercolor wash on the back panel. 


Mr. Snowman is again colored with Copics and fussy cut out. 


The snowflakes, some of which are from the Snow Much Fun set and some from the Folk Art Snowflakes set, were stamped in versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Next, I did a wash of Daniel Smith Watercolor in teal/aqua shades.  I let the first layer dry and added a second layer after that. 
Instead of stamping a sentiment, I used a die cut 'Be Jolly'.  I came up with the idea of him twirling atop the 'l' in Jolly.  I die cut the words 4 times in white cs and glued them together for dimension, after coloring the top die cut in aqua/teal Copics in ombre fashion.  Sequins and some Wink of Stella were added for shine. 






That's all for me today! 
Don't forget, this month's FREE stamp set is the stunning Poinsettia Greetings, with a purchase of $75 or more. 
Plus, You can save 10% on the new release bundle until November 9th, so if you were considering shopping, now is the time! 
AND, it is Sweet n Sassy Stamps 12 Birthday and we are celebrating this amazing company!  All month long you can save 12%- and that includes the new release bundle!  See site for details. 




No comments: