Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Winter Friends

Hello All!

The countdown to Christmas is on!  Are you still making Christmas cards?

Today I am sharing a couple of cards that can be Christmas or general winter cards.  The first one uses the brand new Winter Hugs Stamp Set.


He is just the cutest!  I colored him with Copics, using the pointillism technique to give him a bit of a warm, fuzzy, baby penguin look.
The background was actually a reject from a prior project.  I stamped snowflakes from the Folk Art Stamp Set in Versamark ink and heat embossed them in white.  Then I used the Smooshing technique to add pink and red color to the background.
Snowy hills, a sentiment and a few sequins finish it off.
This next card uses some oldies but goodies stamp sets.


I started with the line of trees from the Thrill of Hope Stamp Set.  I used my MISTI to get perfect placement and did second generation stamping in red ink.  I stamped the larger two trees in the same red ink, again using my MISTI so I could get good coverage of ink.
Next, I stamped snowflakes from the Thrill of Hope Stamp Set as well as the Snow Much Fun Stamp Set in grey.  Lastly, I stamped the deer image in the Thrill of Hope Stamp Set in Versafine Black, using the MISTI to get solid ink coverage.
I was inspired by some of Korin's recent cards to use patterned paper and do some layering; this was difficult as it is not something I do often anymore!  I do like how it turned out though.  I added a sentiment strip across the bottom, heat embossing several sentiments from the Christmas Wordfetti Stamp Set in silver ep.  Some embellies and a linen thread bow finish it off!

That's it for me!  I would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I will see you back on the blog next year!

Lee Ann 

No comments: