Friday, February 14, 2020

Dragon Fly Dreams on Valentine's Day!

Happy Friday and Happy Valentine's Day! I can't believe we are celebrating Valentines already! Spring is just around the corner and it is beautiful here today (finally no rain!) So...for your inspiration, I have two cards featuring a new SPRING-ish stamp set at Sweet N Sassy Stamps called Dragonfly Dreams. I also used an anytime, all occasion Sentimental Mash up set which is the free with purchase Stamp of the Month for February. This is a great set with lots of possibilities.

As I often do, I decided to showcase my Dragonfly Dreams in two, extremely different ways...

The first card is clean and simple but has some "elegant" features. I cut a stitched panel from watercolor paper and stamped the solid dragonfly with Distress Oxide Peacock Feathers and Cracked Pistachio (randomly inked up both on the stamp) I lightly misted it it and then once it was dry, I stamped the "skeleton" stamp with Versamark and embossed it with copper powder (I think copper and turquoise are awesome together!) Then I stamped and embossed the sentiment and added fun foam to the back for dimension. I cut another panel bigger than the main one but smaller than my A2 sized card (all of which are water color paper). I "inked" along around the edges of the second panel with Versamark and embossed with the same copper powder! It is really pretty in real life!




My second card uses a technique called Joseph's Coat Technique. I inked up some Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock with Distress Oxide inks in peacock feather, seedless preserves, and crushed olive. Once it was dry, I sprayed it with water to get the spot look and dried it again. Then I clear embossed the solid dragonfly body and wings randomly over the inked panel.

Then... (don't panic!) I inked over everything with chipped sapphire distress Oxide ink. Inking it over with the darker color always gives me pause at first because it looks so good (kind of looks tone on tone, but when I wiped the dark ink off the embossed areas the awesome colors pop off the page! I created a sentiment banner from some turquoise card and the Sentimental Mash up stamp set. I used the copper embossing powder again because it was on my desk and it makes me happy :) Then I used the same turquoise to mount the panel onto before popping it onto my A2 card base.

I LOVE this one soooo much!


I hope you were inspired today and see just how versatile this set is. You could truly use it for any occasion!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!
Lyn

1 comment:

Dorothy Mutafopulos said...

Love your card but the colorful dragonfly is so awesome!