Saturday, February 15, 2020

Dream Big

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy friends! Today I am sharing a card I made using the new layering set Dragonfly Dreams and Texture Tiles 5.  I have always loved layering sets and this one is beautiful! 





To make this card I utilized a layout created by fellow design team member Lee Ann Barrett and the first technique in Korin's live video from the January stamp-a-thon in the VIP Group on Facebook.

I used canson xl watercolor paper, artist loft watercolors, round paintbrush, black embossing power, circle dies and VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink. For this technique you want to start with wet paper. Then dip your wet paintbrush into your first color and dab it over the paper (mine was an A2 size), repeat with other colors. Then dry your piece and add more layers of color as desired.




Korin only used two colors in the video and she picked her piece up and tipped it in different directions letting the colors run together. I was afraid to do that for fear I would have a muddy mess. I did dry and add more color until it was bold enough for me. Korin's background had the more traditional watercolor look to it and mine does not. My bolder more defined lines works for this design.

Once it was dry, I used Texture Tiles 5 to add black dots. Then I used double stick tape on the back, positioned it on the front of my card and trimmed around the edges. Next, I stamped the words onto yellow cardstock, die cut out and attached to black circle. I thought the blue strip of paper was too plain and decided to stamp the words I believe in you on it. Finally, I heat embossed the dragonfly with black embossing powder on blue paper, fussy cut out and attached it and the words to front of card. I hope you will watch Korin's video and give her background techniques a try.

Until next time, I hope you have an awesome day!
Karen

No comments: