Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Mixed Media Birds and Blooms

 Hello Friends!  

Today I am sharing projects made with a beautiful and versatile set, Birds and Blooms.  Both cards are also of the mixed media variety.  

This first card is very much a mixed media card- lots of layers, little white space.  


I wanted to play with some new Distress Ink products I got, Speckled Egg Distress Ink and Broken China Distress Glaze.  Various shades of rust, blue and brown shades of Distress Ink were sponged onto the card front.  I did a lot of distress with water drops. While playing with my new Speckled Egg Distress Ink, I decided to use the direct to paper method across the top of the card.  Being a new pad it was very juicy and stay fairly wet.  I took this opportunity to emboss the ink with Broken China Distress Glaze.  For a girl who loves clean, white, space, I love how this turned out.  

The bird and flowers were both stamped with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and watercolored with various watercolors- whatever happened to be handy!  They were fussy cut out and then white gel pen was added to the flower centers.  The sentiment is from the Begin Again Stamp Set and was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black Ink using my MISTI.  

This next card is more my usual style, but don't be fooled- this is mixed media as well.  


This time I flipped through my stash of backgrounds, many of them gel prints.  I found this one with aquas, yellows, chartreuse and black.  I die cut circles from the panel and then pulled out three of them for this collage style card.  I also settled on a mini slimline card.  
The bird was stamped on watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  I used Ken Oliver Colorbursts to color the bird.  I also stamped the floral branch.  This I did not color.  The branch and bird were both fussy cut out.  
A strip of black cs was adhered along the left edge, circles were adhered to the card front and the bird and flowers were popped up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from the Everyday Greetings 
Stamp Set and was stamped in Versafine Black Ink with the help of my MISTI.  


2 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a beautiful card!! I love the distressed inks and oxides. Lovely card

Kathy Conrow said...

Wow! Thank you for the detailed instructions! That helps so much! So many steps go into your beautiful cards!