Saturday, April 17, 2021

Dotted Flowers

Hello Everyone! I have seen the dotted coloring technique with markers and really wanted to give it a try, but I don't own any markers. So I took a look at my collection and got super excited when I realized the Happy Day set had a stamp with three small dots in it and an idea was born. 

I actually created these dotted flowers last month, but never got around to making cards with them. I decided to utilize them this month and incorporate two of the new April Release'sButterfly Background and Everyday Greetings 2

 

 

I stamped the flowers with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink on white cardstock. Because this ink can stay wet for a while for embossing I decided to heat set them so I could get started on the dot stamping. I picked three different, yet coordinating colors, starting with the lightest color first.

First color, notice I don't cover the entire space with color.


 

Second color, fill in more while still leaving white space for the third color.



Third color, now you really start to see it coming together. At this point, I went back to the first color and repeated the steps. I continued to do this until I was happy with how it looked.



I repeated this process with three different greens for the leaves and fussy cut the images. I stamped the sentiment from Encouraging Thoughts with black ink on Kraft and layered a piece of Summer Sun cardstock behind it . I stamped the Butterfly Background with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink on Kraft as well. I die cut the butterfly panel, along with pattern paper and more Summer Sun. I assembled as seen and popped the flowers and sentiment strip up with foam tape.

 


For my second card, the flowers were done in three different blues. The Butterfly Background was stamped in Aqua Sky on white cardstock and die cut. I stamped the sentiment from Everyday Greetings 2 on the same color blue cardstock as the base. I assembled as seen, pooping the white panel up with foam tape and adding three small pearls to the front.

I had a blast creating dotted flowers and made a whole bunch of them. If you own the Happy Day set I hope you will give it a try and share your creations in the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps VIP Group on Facebook. 





 

I hope you have enjoyed today's cards and thanks for stopping by!

Karen

No comments: