Saturday, April 24, 2021

My First Mini Slimline Card

 Happy Saturday Stampers! This Michelle here from East Bay Stamp Chick.

Have you made a mini slimline card yet? Well, I 'm here today to show you my very 1st one and I think I'm in love with this new size! My card measures 3x 6.25 inches. I cut a square of white cardstock to 6x 6.25 and scored it in the middle.

So would you like to see my card? Here it is!


So here's what I used to make this card. I used 4 stamp sets from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. The background is the new Butterfly Background stamp set. The sentiment is the Teeny Alpha stamp set. The girl is from Girl Power 2 and her wings are from the Made New stamp set. The Butterfly Background stamp set is also the stamp of the month, so you can get it free with a $60 purchase.







To make this card, I cut a white panel that is 2.74x6 inches. I heat embossed with white embossing powder the Butterfly Background stamp. Then I ink blended Spun Sugar, Kitch Flamingo, and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxides from light to dark. I adhered the panel to the card base on foam. I stamped the sentiment out using the Teeny Alpha Stamp set and then fussy cut each word. I also adhered them using foam squares. I colored the girl and wings with alcohol ink markers and then fussy cut them out  (there are matching dies available for the Made New set).   I glued the wings to the back of my girl. I used foam squares to pop her out on the panel. I added a bow and silver sequins for a little shine.

I hope you have some time this weekend to get crafty! 
Thanks for stopping by,
Michelle







No comments: