Tuesday, May 4, 2021

From Fish to Flowers

 Hello Friends!  

We are having some fun this month celebrating the artists here at Sweet n Sassy Stamps.  This week our focus is on Jenn Nilsson fabulous stamp collection!  Jenn's sweet, whimsical style are right up my alley.  Her set, Country Garden, is one of my favorites.  


This gorgeous image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copics.  I then fussy cut the image out.  I got some new embossing folders- they seem to be making a comeback and I was in need of new!  I watercolored a piece of cs and let it dry.  Next, I spritzed the inside of my embossing folder with water and then ran the watercolored paper throught the Big Shot.  What a lovely surprise I got with the fun texture and color variation on the panel.  I die cut a circle from the purple paper and used it to back the image.  

The sentiment, from the Precious Poppies Stamp set -was stamped in the corner of the card front.  A white scalloped frame was added to the card front, then the purple circle and image were added, along with a bit of grass made with the Tall Grass Die were adhered to the card.  

Next up, a super cas card in which the darling fish does just fine standing on its own! 


Mr. Puffer is from the Fin-tastic Friends Stamp Set.  He was colored with Copics and fussy cut out.  
The background was done with an embossing folder and distress ink.  I used several techniques to get the background the color I wanted.  I started with some base color by sponging on various blue shades of distress inks.  Next I inked up the inside of the embossing folder, spritzed the folder and then placed the sponged cs in and ran it through the Big Shot.  I got wonderful, wavy dimension, but I still wanted more color so I watercolored with distress inks, following the curvy, embossed lines.  I love how this turned out.  The sentiment worked out so well in how it followed the curves of the 'waves'.  A few sequins were added and done! 
And because we are celebrating Jenn's art this week, all of Jenn's stamps are on special this week, 
buy 2 get 1 free (limited to stamps on hand).  


This is an awesome sale to take advantage of!  

Thanks for stopping by!  

Lee Ann  


No comments: