Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Hope in God by Charmaine Canham

Good Morning, Flowers!

I just received my (new to me) Jennifer Nilsson, Encouraging Peonies stamp set, and I had to ink it up. Sweet 'n Sassy also has a big Buy 2 get 1 Free deal on all of her stamps this week! Make sure to check it out! But let me tell you how I made this beauty!



I started applying the new Distress Oxide color, Salvaged Patina, to half of an  A2 cardstock base. 
 

Make sure this is dry or dried with a heat tool before moving to the next step. Stamp the smallest dots from the Textures Tiles 8 stamp set with Gina K Designs Soft Stone ink pad over the whole card.




I just love these leaves on this stamp set. I heat embossed them with silver powder from Hero Arts and Versamark watermark ink.


The Future stamp set has beautiful and inspiring sentiments. I stamped the sentiment with black Versafine ink, and clear heat embossed. I didn't want to take the chance of it smearing at this point.



I noticed that the leaves disappeared in the background in that beautiful patina color. I pulled out Salty Ocean Distress Oxide and painted the leaves with a small paintbrush. This gave it a soft watercolor look.

 I always want to doodle on my cards. I pulled out my white Posca and Micron pen and started stippling and adding highlights to the leaves. This is probably not recommended, but I pulled out my gray Copic markers and added shadowing under the leaves over the distress oxide. I finished by adding a hand-drawn border and white dots in the darker shadows.


This card transformed so much by adding shadows and highlights organically. I hope you liked my card today, and leave me a comment or a question if you have any.

Remember to check out this week's deal below!
I hope you have a great day!
Charmaine

Follow me for almost daily inspiration on Facebook and Instagram.







1 comment:

Susan Y said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for sharing !