Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Perfect Preparation by Charmaine Canham

Hello friends!
I am so very excited to show you today's card.
 I am mixing old with new for a whimsy and fun project. 

I started with a gel print from a recent play with my five-year-old daughter. I just love how she used these colors with her little fingers, not knowing how it will look at the end. Sort of just like today's sentiment... we don't know how it will end, but we know God is preparing us. I white heat-embossed the flowers from the Happy Day stamp set and cut them out by hand.



Next, I silver heat embossed the branches from the new Botanical Branches on white vellum.



The beautiful sentiment comes from an older set, The Future.
This was stamped with a black detail ink and clear heat embossed. 



Now to arrange the blooms and branches. I used double-sided foam tape and regular double-sided tape. The vellum branches are placed right under the blooms with foam tape for movement.
Don't overthink it, just play.


I did add a sliver of black cardstock on the left to balance the sentiment on the other side. 



Isn't she just fun? I hope you liked today's card and mix your old and with new stamp sets!
Have a fabulous day!


Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for almost daily inspiration.




No comments: