Saturday, March 15, 2014

Grow in Grace

Hi there and happy Saturday!  Here's to the weekend and hopefully more time for crafting!  Today I'm sharing a card I created for this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers, which gave me a geat opportunity to combine a whole lotta Sweet 'n Sassy stamps along with some beautiful paper from Graphic 45 (Botanical Tea).

I started by very lightly stamping the Friendship Script stamp in the background of my main image.  I then layered the frame, and words, from the Seed Packet stamp set onto the background and adding some aging with my Pumice Stone Distress Ink pad.  I then die cut and stamped the butterflies (don't you just when there's a die to coordinate with a stamp?  Swoon!) from the Majestic Monarchs stamp and die set.  I colored the butterflies using Distress Markers and a water brush.  I finished by using the darling circle "long distance hug" and heart from the Vintage Postcard set.

I hope you enjoyed today's card and check out all of the those great vintage sets...love 'em all!!

8 comments:

TLady said...

JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! :) (Did you miss one stamp set? The Seed Packet?)

diane zechman said...

Really pretty, Kim! I love this!

Beth said...

Absolutely beautiful! The color combinations are gorgeous. Beautiful coloring on the butterfly.

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Kim!

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful card! Love how you colored your butterflies! The layout is lovely and wonderful choice for the background paper.

merrymstamper said...

Beautiful card! I love the soft vintage look!

diane zechman said...

TLady, you can find it here...
http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/vintage-seed-packet-clear-stamp-set/

Susie said...

You've used three of my favorites, Kim. Love how you paired them all. Beautiful coloring on your butterflies.