Saturday, August 25, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday!


Good morning!

Jessica here popping in to share a sweet baby's 1st birthday card I made for a special little girl using Rhubarb's Birthday Wish stamp set.  I paper pieced Rhubarb with some textured brown paper and added a little paper pieced cupcake to his hands for the birthday girl.  Rhubarb is my go to stamp line to use for cutesy birthday cards lately!  I just love him!

I'm going to bore with the story on why baby Grace is so special to me and my family. I taught Grace's daddy when he was in fourth grade while he was living in Michigan which is where I student taught. Grace's mommy Hannah is the daughter of a former teacher of mine who is from the school that I am currently teaching at in Wisconsin.  Before they were married, they were reminiscing about teachers they both mentioned that one of their favorite teachers was a Miss Ewers.  Since my maiden name isn't the most common one, Hannah called me up out of the blue and asked me if I ever taught at such and such school and did I remember teaching a Tim while there.  I did and we all had a good laugh.  Isn't that funny?  They met at college, married, and are now back in the area and going to our church.  It's really a small world sometimes, isn't it?

Have a blessed day, friends!
Jessica


2 comments:

Cathymac said...

Your Rhubarb card is adorable, Jess! And yes ...it is a small world! It's amazing how the Lord reunites us with people we've known!

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a cute card, and what a coincidence that you all met up again!