Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Warm Hugs...


Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a new card. 

Now that Christmas is over, I am having a hard time switching gears. I am not ready to put all my holiday stamps away yet... so I decided to make a winter card, since that would be still 'in season'. At least for some of us... 


I've been enjoying using water color backgrounds, so I used that technique for the base. I used blue and green colors on water color paper and finished it off with white splatters on top:


 Next I used an other favorite technique of mine, heat embossing on vellum. I heat embossed the image from Snowflake Flourish clear stamp set with white embossing powder. It is the perfect hand-made overlay!


Next I die-cut a border with the scallop star die from Hearts & Stars Scallop Border die set out of silver glitter paper. I used the stars as my embellishments. The tag is hand cut to fit the greeting.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope I inspired you to make create something pretty today.

Monika





4 comments:

Janeen said...

Monika, this card is stunningly gorgeous. i can't put my holiday stamps away yet either. i figure i will get a head start on next years batch. :)

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Monika. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ema said...

I love this card. I just bought some vellum and water color paper. I have been wanting to try my hand at something like this. Beautiful card.

Jill Norwood said...

Beautiful card! Love the inked BG with the vellum overlay! Stunning!