Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Florals and More

 Hello! 

Have you been enjoying all of the June release inspiration?  

Being the floral lover that I am, I could not resist another card using the new Botanical Branches as a filler.  


I used the pussy willow stems from the Botanical Branches Stamp Set, coloring them in gray with Copics.  The roses and leaves are from the True Beauty Stamp Set and were colored in grays and yellows.  Gray and yellow. The color combination has to be one of the most perfect combos there is!  

All of the images were fussy cut out. An embossing folder was used on the background panel.  All of the pieces were put together and adhered to the card front.  The sentiment is from the Encouraging Thoughts Stamp Set; It was stamped on a grey sentiment strip.  A few sequins finish the card. 

I liked this grouping of images so much that I recreated it in tag form.  I needed this tag for a Bible study I will be starting.  I am not usually one for tags, but something about this was freeing!  


My tag was first sponged with distress inks in various shades of green.  Next, texture was added to it but using a darker green with the Fern Fronds Stencil.   Lastly, I spattered a bit of white acrylic paint on the background. 

Then I used the same rose from the True Beauty Stamp Set and colored it with Copics after stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  The branches are again from the new Botanical Branches Stamp Set and were colored with Copics.  Everything was fussy cut out.  I added a bit of vellum to the bottom right corner just to soften things a bit then arranged the elements and adhered them to the tag.  I finished the tag off with my printed steps and hand lettered title.  A couple of ribbons finish it off.  

That's it for me!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!

Lee Ann  

No comments: