Wednesday, June 16, 2021

So Tweet by Charmaine Canham

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! 

Korin has this sweet little stamp and dies set on sale this week, and I thought I
should revisit this cutie and make a sweet evening scene for these two lovebirds!



 How Tweet Stamp and Die Bundle is an older set but so fun to play with. Here is what I did:

I started with a gel print I made but wasn't happy with (but held on to it for days like today!), and it just happens to have blue and orange-pink sections, perfect for our male and female birdies. Since the print was made with acrylic paint, heat emboss the ink to prevent smearing.

Next, I purchased this die from The Ton and have not used it. I think this will be perfect to showcase the stars aligning for these two birds. 

I use Bristol Smooth paper because it is perfect for blending with oxides, I have found. 

After blending the sky, spritz some Shimmer spray on it for a starry glittery sky. Also, glue this piece onto another white piece of cardstock for the white stars to show through from behind.


Play with the placement of the birdies and clouds. I hand cut all the pieces; I wish I had the dies, but it was therapeutic to do. Also, use dimensional foam tape under some elements for interest.


I use Versafine Clair ink for detailed stamping and sentiments.


It was a relatively quick card to make (it would have been faster with dies), but I
 really enjoyed making a cutesie (a different type for me) card. 


I hope you liked today's card and will leave me a comment here or on Instagram.
 I always enjoy reading your feedback!
Have a great day!

Charmaine

Follow me on Facebook and Instagram for almost daily inspiration
Check out my new Website, CharCards.net

*Post includes affiliated links at no cost to you*


No comments: