Saturday, February 13, 2021

Encouraging Peonies

 Happy Saturday Stampers!

Michelle here today from East Bay Stamp Chick with some quick and easy cards. I love floral cards and one of my favorite things to do is to stamp the same image multiple times and then color each card panel in different colors or styles. I love to see how the same image looks so different in different colors.


So I stamped and heat embossed in white embossing powder the same image 3 times on watercolor paper. I used the Encouraging Peonies Stamp set.


I absolutely love this stamp set. It is one of my favorites! And it's in the Overstock Sale right now, so it's 20% off!!

To create the faux watercolor look, I used a watercolor powder. There are lots of brands out there. The one I used is called Brushos. Any brand will work. Once you have stamped the image with an embossing ink and heat set an embossing powder you are ready to sprinkle the watercolor powders on your paper. Make sure you use a heavy weight paper like watercolor paper for this. After you sprinkle the powder, then mist your paper with water. I use a small spray bottle from the cosmetic department in Target. Mist as much or as little water onto the paper as you want and watch the powders mix and come alive. Every time you do this it will be different. Here are close ups of each card.




I dried each panel with a heat tool. Then I ran the edge of the paper over my embossing ink pad and applied gold embossing powder on all the edges and heat set the embossing powder. Then I stamped my sentiment on each panel. I mounted each panel on fun foam and then adhered them to my A2 size card bases. Lastly, I added a few sequins.


Which color combination is your favorite? Let us know! Have a great weekend and I hope you have some time to get crafty!

1 comment:

Amy Gehman said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! I have never tried watercolor powder (had not even heard of it...ooof) but after your explanation, I need to try this! Love the sentiments with this stamp set. They are all gorgeous but the last one is my favorite color combinations..wow!