Thursday, January 20, 2022

sparkle & shine

 Good morning! Today I have two cards using stamps from the January release. Here I used Sparkle & Shine, Sweater Weather, Warm Winter Friends, and my own set, Snowy Hello, which has returned and is now available with dies! Dies are also available separately if you previously purchased the set.

I created my own background for the first card and die cut some circles to make it a little whimsical. The sweater was paper pieced, and I stamped the words on the front.


I couldn't just toss the partial circle that I cut from the background, so I added it to my second card, along with a few more circles. I love that the Snowy Hello set now has Dies!


To make the background, I first smooshed some Distress inks onto my work surface. Then the ink was spritzed with water and I laid the cardstock on top. Repeat several times and dry as needed. When finished and dry, I stamped the flakes over top.


Have a great day!
Diane











 






1 comment:

sharon g said...

Really cute snowguy card. My first thought was ahhh, he's going skating. And then DON'T DO IT!!!! Don't drink hot cocoa!!!! You'll kill yoursellllllllllllfffff. :) So it's also an entertaining card to me :) The snowflakes look wonderful. I love the mixture of blues and green. Oh, also, I was wondering if you have announced the winner of the blog hop? THANKS for the smiles :)